BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Big Move.....

So after months of "should i move there" or "no, i will move there"....."should i quit my job" or" i can just get out of the Navy" "maybe you could transfer" or "i can probably transfer" we finally decided that me moving to VA Beach && RJ staying in the Navy && stationed here at Oceana was the best thing for all of us. So on Feb 19 2010, RJ flew to Houston to help me finish packing up my house && finish all the last min. details b4 moving to VA. Friday the 21st was my last day @ work && one of the hardest things i have even been through was leaving that place && knowing i wasnt coming back on Monday. So i went around the office saying my goodbyes to everyone (and balling my eyes out). That night we had a going away party, lol. It was actually my 2nd going away party but this one was @ Fridays, so ALL of my coworkers that i had spent 10 hours a day with for the last 5 yrs all gathered at Fridays for my final goodbye. It was extremely emotional && very hard on all of us, 2 of my best friends also left the office with me at that time, (So it was a huge change for the office) but needless to say we had a great time just sitting around reminiscing about all of the thing we had gone through in the last couple of years. Anyways Saturday came && i think it was the longest day of my life.....we organized everything around all the house and started loading up my car. We went to my parents house so i could spend time with them && all of my siblings b4 we left. As much as i cried && as scared as i was, i knew that this is what i wanted bc i couldnt imagine spending another day away from my love. We left my parents house @ midnight && began our LONG journey to VA Beach....it ended up being a 32 hour drive && was totally horrible!!! But i was soooo happy that RJ && i had gotten to experience that road trip together && i would do it all over again if thats what it took to be here in VA Beach with the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment