BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Silent Ranks


I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens.
But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders. Salutes I do not give.
But the military world is the place where I live.

I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get.
But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget.
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line.
But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind.

My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man.
and the call to serve his country not all can understand.
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.

I love the man I married. Soldiering is his life.
But I stand among the silent ranks
known as the Military Wife.


This AWESOME poem has become my life as i know it..... Not that i am complaining by all means! I scaredly but Happily left behind my life in TX as Dr. Shah's "right hand man" to follow my love here to VA Beach. Ask anyone i know && they will tell you that they NEVER thought that i would do something as crazy as moving to the east coast to be with my love, especially after only 5 months of being together. As scared as i was to leave everything i have ever known, from my family, my friends to the first job i have ever had (that everyone probably thought i would retire from, lol) i do not regret nor have i given my move a second thought! I am the most happiest i have ever been!!! I love my new life && i will continue to follow my love, in the Silent Ranks, no matter where it takes us.

So im sure you're wondering how all this happened......

Sept 26th, 2009- one of my VERY best girlfriends (CERISSA) and i decided we needed a night out on the town...so we make our way to one of the clubs in Houston, we had an awesome time, just dancing the night away. In fact we had such a good time that on the way home we decided we weren't ready to go home! lol So we made a detour to an after hours club in Houston...and just like before we were having a great night! But Cerissa had a tag along with her so it was a little different...but anyways everyone knows how the club scenes go......Until i tried to pay for my drinks at the bar with my credit card and the bartender informed me that they do not except credit cards. Im standing there like WHAT!? lol who doesnt take credit cards? And as im thinking that to myself i hear a guy next to me say i just did the same thing.... I look over to see a very gorgeous man standing next to me who then offers to pay for my drinks. But what was so nice about this guy is he wasnt the stalkerish type you dread meeting out at the club, lol. He bought my drinks we talked for a minute, then he said goodbye. Of course i was astounded! lol WOW a guy who doesnt think i need to go home with him just because he bought me a drink! lol So through out the rest of the night "this guy" would just so happen to "check" on me every time he went back to the bar. Needless to say we exchanged phone numbers && much to my surprise i received a text from him the NEXT morning! So we text back and fourth all day && that night he asked me out on a date. So we set something up for the next day or so....So we ended up having 2 dates back in Houston b4 RJ told me his leave was over && he must return to VA Beach. I was surprisingly sad since i had only known him for a short time, but after that 2nd date we had when he dropped me off he asked if i would like to have a 3rd dat in VA Beach. lol now of course i said yes but once he left i thought "right, ill probably never talk to him again" well i was totally wrong! we text and talked back in forth everyday until about a week later when he told me he had everything situated at work && had all his things out of storage (he had been in Baghdad,and just gotten back to the states and was on leave when i met him) && he wanted to know when i could get off of work to come && see him! So after long talks (and google searching by my mother, lol) with all of my friends and family bc they were totally freaked out about the thought of me flying to VA Beach to spend the weekend with a guy they had never met i came here to VA to spend the weekend with RJ. It was totally perfect, i couldnt of asked for a better 3rd date! After that we continued to fly back && fourth to see each other. Not to long after we decided that just the short weekends werent enough. So we started making plans to be together "full time" lol && my life hasnt been the same since :)

No comments:

Post a Comment