BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 2, 2010

My First Day @ WORK....

So my first day went very well....i was very excited about that! i wasnt scared or nervous when i got up this AM which was a huge surprise! lol
I think im going to catch on pretty fast to everything...im really hoping this will be "the job" that im @ until we leave Va Beach....im definitely not one for changing jobs...
So on my way home from work i turn my phone on && had a million texts from RJ just wishing me good luck && asking me how the day was going..he is too sweet <3
So i called him to let him know i was on my way home && he proceeds to tell me that he was told today that he would be going on on this detachment with his squadron.....i just LOVE how this works....for the last couple months of the playing on this det we were told NO for sure he wasnt going, then shortly b4 they leave he is informed that he is going.... What makes all this soooo bad is that RJ went IA last yr && was supposed to get a YEAR OFF! a year off meaning that he DIDNT have to go on any deployments or any dets for 1 yr after he returned from Baghdad. But much to my surprise, this is the 2nd time he is being called away to go on a det. Now i understand that every Sailor has a duty && they must go when they are called upon. But of course it still hurts to get the phone call to tell u that they are leaving. && its unfair to our guys that are overseas fighting for yr. But what can u do!? lol Well i guess i said that one to many times to myself bc i think that I will be writing a little letter to someone (i think the president will do ;) )&& expressing my thoughts on this. Now if they dont want to give them the yr off then thats fine or just even tell us that there is still a good change that they will have to leave, but dont let our Sailors && there families think they are going to be home for a full yr if thats not really the case...Bc my heart was soooo set on him not having to go....
but i guess this is just part of my life in the silent ranks.....



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment